Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A few snapshots

Fa Suso with a huge (smelly) dried barracuda head. We actually avoided eating this because it was served for dinner and we usually cook our own dinner.

Sunset by the river. Darrin took this picture and then sarcastically said, "This is terrible, I can't believe we have to put up with this crap."

Some of our young friends. Fatoumata Suso is the little one in the red, white and blue shirt. I love her very much because she has the most hilarious facial expressions possible. Awa is the very serious girl in pink beside her...she lives in our compound and while I have been known to tell her stop standing in front of our screen door and staring in at me when I am doing boring things like reading and drinking tea, I really enjoy having her as a little sister.


Also, here is a short list of things Colette misses from the U.S. that she NEVER thought she would miss:
-shopping malls
-Target
- contemporary (Christian) praise music
-mid-priced Mexican chain restaurants
-being a white person amongst a large crowd of other white people (I mean, not always sticking out as glaringly different everywhere I go, even in the dark)

Things Colette does not miss at all, but thought that she would:
-indoor plumbing
-washing machines
-owning a car
-warm showers


A thing Darrin misses that he NEVER thought he would miss:
-people saying "God bless you" after you sneeze




Until next time...

Mama and Kawsu (Colette and Darrin)

No comments:

Post a Comment